Dr. Peter Odili and Baba Iyabo


The melodramatic ordeals of Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the "wanted" governor of Bayelsa state of Nigeria will not end with his prosecution in Nigeria and the UK. Because, he is not the only corrupt public official in Nigeria. And we don't have to wait until the Metropolitan Police nabs anyone of them for money laundering before we start screaming all over the place.

Recently as I was on the Nigeria LNG Jetty shuttle bus the news was on the local radio that Dr.Peter Odili donated N100 Million to the Stella Maris Catholic Church University Fund and all the other occupants laughed out aloud. That he was squandering the revenue allocation of Rivers State meant for the development of the host communities of the multinational oil companies.

The Diepreye Alamieyeseigha scandal has diverted the attention of the media from the scandal of the private jet acquired by Dr.Peter Odili that a news reporter wrote about and was arrested and detained.

President Olusegun Obasanjo alias "Baba Iyabo" has not sent his Bobbies of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)to interrogate Dr. Peter Odili.

I am sharing the opinions of the critics that Baba Iyabo is only witch-hunting his political rivals.


Mr Obasanjo set up the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in order to fight fraud in a country ranked as one of the most corruption in the world.

But his critics say the anti-corruption drive is bring used to eliminate political rivals.

Mr Alamieyeseigha is seen as being close to Vice-President Atiku Abubakar - who is vying with Mr Obasanjo for control of the ruling People's Democratic Party.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4488198.stm

Comments

One Nigeria,
Amen.

The future belongs to the young men and women of your generation.
I look forward to seeing you at the top one fine day.

I am trying my best to prick the conscience of our leaders to remember that "No condition is permanent" as the great ZIK of Africa, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe said and they cannot carry their ill-gotten wealth to the grave and they should remember that if Nemesis does not catch up with them today, Nemesis will surely catch up with them and their posterity tomorrow.

What we sow, we shall reap in the end.

Let us keep the Nigerian flag flying in flying colours!
Paul Seward said…
I write with the fondest of memories, as an Englishman growing up in the Nigeria of Yakubu Gowan circa. 1970-1971. As a child at the time, I was fascinated by the cultural and lifestyle differences between England and Nigeria, the stark contrast between the county of Kent where I come from to Port Harcourt! I lived for 18 months in a camp called Umerkoroshe just outside Port Harcourt with my parents while my father was on secondment from BP to NPRC working on recommissioning one of the country's refineries after the Biafran war. I received schooling at the English School in Port Harcourt for the period I was there. Although some harsh memories will stay with me the rest of my life, I can say that overall I experienced a wonderful time living there at that time. With my parents, I had the chance to travel to Aba and Warri which opened up other experiences. I do not profess to be knowledgeable of the political arena and niceties of the political state in Nigeria at the time, but I remmember my father telling me that Gowan was a great man and leader of the country, and in my opinion,even at the age of 74 as he is now, I think that he is a statesman of great stature and would still make a great President! I have always followed the belief that a nation is only as good as its populace!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul,
Thank you for sharing the good memories.

If you could, write a book of your days whilst growing up in Nigeria.

I can get it published for you.

Our history is the record of our memory.

Cheers and God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

Addax Petroleum Announces Federal Government Approval of Nigeria Gas Utilisation Initiative

Terrorist Attacks on America Before Osama Bin Laden Was Born : 1920 -2005.