Emergency on Bonny Island


Nigerian soldiers

Many families are fleeing Bonny Island before tomorrow July 16, the deadline of the ultimatum militants gave foreigners and non-indigènes to leave before their attacks on the kingdom.

The Nigerian soldiers are fully armed to confront them as I saw many soldiers guarding the Nigerian LNG Bonny Plant Complex and residential areas. I saw a tough looking soldier in combat mood with a machine gun behind a fortification of sandbags. They were frisking people on foot and searching vehicles.

I was at the Guaranty Trust Bank on Bonny Island to deposit some dollars in a domiciliary account, but the bank could not receive such deposits, because it was not fully operational in fear of the looming hostilities and most banks have been shut on Bonny Island.

I heard the bad news that some people fleeing Bonny Island drowned when their boat capsized in the Bonny river. I was sad, but I could not stop those I knew were fleeing in fear. I can only pray for their safety. I believe the will of the Almighty God shall done.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. The world and they that dwell therein.~ From Psalm 24.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addax Petroleum Announces Federal Government Approval of Nigeria Gas Utilisation Initiative

Terrorist Attacks on America Before Osama Bin Laden Was Born : 1920 -2005.

Ginny, First Coal Mining Search and Rescue Dog in the World